Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Aphid Control

I have one rose bush in my yard. After babying it for the last three years, it seems to be growing quite nicely this Spring. But I saw some bugs on it that I thought were aphids. So I turned to the internet to find a homemade bug spray that could help.

I found a video that described how to use a mixture of soap, water and cayenne pepper. You can view that video on eHow Home.

So I made the mixture and sprayed it on my rose bush leaves. Left it on for 15 min. Then sprayed it off.

I don't seem to have any aphids now. But I do have these white spots and holes in the leaves.

Guess I'll have to do some more research to figure out what is ailing my rose.

-----














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too much cayanne on food makes my tongue feel like it has holes in it, too1