Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Different Kind of Cold

I've been fighting a cold - known lovingly around here as The Virus - for well over a week now. I've been so lethargic, that I haven't wanted to move, much less pick up my camera.

But this morning when I looked out the window, some big fat juicy snowflakes were falling. As my mentor says, when the time is right, you GO. So I grabbed my camera, the macro lens, and a black scarf, then perched myself on the frozen porch steps. Holding the scarf at arm's length, I caught some snowflakes. Then turned, set the scarf on the porch, and took pictures. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

The humidity and temperature were ideal this morning. It was warm enough for beautifully formed flakes to fall on the black scarf,  and cold enough that the flakes didn't melt quickly.

When my mind is so focused on the details of photographing snowflakes, the rest of the world falls away ... including The Virus ... and the very cold surroundings. Here's the first image I edited.


1 comment:

Janet said...

beautiful