Thursday, June 26, 2014

Checkerboard Giraffes

Time for another UFO finish! I stitched this giraffe pair in 2001. I decided it's time to get them on the wall. The pattern is from 1998 and designed by Pat Theode of Noah & Company.


My daughter Jeanne gave me this high-gloss black frame. It's fairly ornate, but is the right size and color and I like the juxtaposition of the ornate frame with the simple design. Why not, right? I edged the stitchery with a green cotton print. Then I used a gold ribbon as an accent. I try to frame all my giraffe pieces with some black and gold.


The giraffes are stitched on 25ct. Mushroom Lugana and stitched with DMC floss. I like the little heart button accent and their little braided tails that swing freely. 


This afternoon they joined the rest of the herd in my gallery.



No comments: