Thursday, August 28, 2014

Addi's Afghan

Our neighbor's daughter just had a baby girl. Addison. Since I'm in the baby-afghan-making mood, I decided to make one for her.


The afghan is loosely based on a pattern by StuckAtHomeMom.com I found through Pinterest. After working with the baby yarn, changing hook sizes and checking gauge, I altered the pattern to fit my needs.


It's basically a series of half-double crochet + chain 1 for one row, then single crochet + chain one for the next row for the white rows. The colored rows are all single crochet + chain one. The stitch is formed in the chain stitch of the preceding row.


I left the color-change strands long. When making the fringe, I used 2 strands of white with one strand of the row's color. I simply wove the color-change strands into the half-hitch knot as the fringe was formed.


Addi's grandma was so pleased! When she came to pick up the gift, she brought the baby with her -- and I got to hold the sweet newborn!


.
.
---

Inspired by StuckAtHomeMom via Pinterest
.

No comments: