Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kaylee's Afghan

It's baby afghan season at my house. I crocheted this one for my niece, Tonya, who is expecting her first child, Kaylee, in October.


The stitch is called a Granny Stripe. It's formed much like a traditional granny square ... but without corners.


I finished off the edge with some single and double crochet, and a little scallop stitch.


I was invited to Tonya's baby shower in Lewiston, Idaho. So I had a very nice ride south. This time of year, the wheat harvest is coming in and the hills of the Palouse are magical. I had lunch with daughter Julie and her boyfriend Jeff in Moscow. Then I drove another hour south to Lewiston. (It took an hour instead of 45 min because I got lost ... hey, it's been 31 years since I graduated from college there!)


The biggest surprise was that Tonya's little sister was visiting! I haven't seen Emily since she was four years old. Now she's a sweet young lady of 11.


On the way home, a deer crossed the road in front of me, the Palouse pulled out all the stops and was gorgeous in the twilight, and I rolled into Post Falls as the full moon rose over the Spokane River.

---
.
.
I was inspired by an afghan I saw by Arctic Strawberries on Pinterest:


No comments: