Thursday, February 12, 2015

Self Portrait Week 6: Meditation

Meditation is becoming more and more important in my life. So much so, in fact, that we've converted one room in our home for the practices of meditation and massage. I spend about an hour in this room each day doing a bit of yoga, some meditation, and writing in my gratitude journal. These practices help me keep emotionally centered - and easier to live with!









---

Photo Lessons I Learned:

This photo was taken in our meditation room in very low light, primarily lit by the candles in the photo and a small light to the right of the camera.

I used the camera's self timer, manual focus, and a remote shutter button (hidden under my hand in the photo) ... then stayed VERY still! I deleted some of the noise in editing.

I took some test shots while wearing a dark shirt. I realized I was getting lost in the dark, so switched to a brighter shirt for the final photo.

F 5.6 ... ISO 6400 ... 1/2 sec shutter speed ... 25mm

No comments: