Monday, August 3, 2015

At the Arboretum

I had a chance to go to my hometown of Fullerton, California for a week in July. I took one afternoon to visit the local arboretum to take some photos of the plants and flowers. That's when I came upon this pretty sight.


This young couple was so beautiful in the filtered light, in this setting. I approached them to ask if they'd like me to email them a copy of the photo. We had a sweet and light-hearted conversation in which I learned that Nicole is from Switzerland. We found a connection in that my last name is also Swiss.


It turns out that Nicole and Boris were on a first date, sharing lunch in this beautiful setting. After exchanging contact information I asked if they'd like a close-up photo as well. These were their first photos together.


I feel honored to have been at the right place, at the right time, with the right amount of spunk and daring as a photographer to photograph strangers ... who have now become my friends.

Photos used with permission of Nicole McLaren and Boris Mamlyuk

No comments: