Thursday, August 13, 2015

Self Portrait Week 31: Conjoined Twins

Julie and Jeff stopped by our home on Sunday to show us their new car. I talked Julie into posing with me for a self portrait out on our deck. It was very sunny and hot, so we took the photo in the shade of the patio umbrella.

We were doing a lot of trial and error to get the selfie stick to work, and giggled our way through the process.


In looking at the photos as we took them, Julie thought I had too much light bouncing off my scalp, so she decided to share some of her hair with me. We look like twins, joined at the head.


---

Photo Lessons I Learned:

  • To get my selfie stick to work best, we couldn't telescope it to full length. The pole needs to be short enough that the weight of the camera doesn't cause it to turn while taking the shot.

  • Another selfie stick trick is to use the tilt feature so that the stick doesn't show in the photos.

  • Hold the camera slightly higher than your head.

  • I had to do a lot of cloning in editing to remove a significant amount of glare from our glasses. Tricky business, that. It doesn't look too bad at this low resolution, but I need to sharpen my skills to make my editing better for highres photos.

  • It's fun to take photos with my daughters. Find ways to urge them to come for a visit more often!

No comments: