Thursday, August 27, 2015

Self Portrait Week 34: Oh, Those Lucious, Lucious Lips

Candy Kisses


 
 Sexy McSassyfrass


 
Sweet Lips


 
  Just Plain Fun


 
But did you know that not all cultures like to kiss on the lips? Horrors!
I read this article -- and am glad I live in the USA.

Not Everybody Likes Kissing



Kissing is my favorite pastime! (I have a good partner).

---
 
  Photo Lessons I Learned:
 


  • Sometimes you need to use the amenities of a bathroom for a photo shoot, so you must take photos there. But a yellow bathroom can be a nightmare for color balance. I had to fix and fuss with the color in editing.

     
  • This is how I set up my camera on the bathroom counter. I stood on the other side of the room and leaned over the counter to get in the frame and have a blank wall behind my head.




  • I used the tutorial below as my jumping off point to apply the candy. I learned that using a brush to apply the beads didn't work for me. So I wet my finger, dipped it into the beads, and applied. The water made the color bleed off the candy, so that didn't work either. Finally, I dipped my dry finger into the beads and applied them to the gloss on my lips. That worked like a charm. 

  •  

     
    • It's best over-do putting the beads on your lips. Then use a make-up brush or toothpick to brush the extras away.

    •  
    • A purple wig is sometimes the exact right accessory. As is a sense of fun.

     
    ---

    Inspiration from BeautifulYouTV


    No comments: