Sunday, September 20, 2015

Caught Up In Words

I took the entire day to sit and watch movies. Rare indeed.

My hands always want to be busy. For the moment, I have no needlework project in motion. But I did have some scrap paper on the side table. I found myself doodling ... writing down phrases from the movie that slid into my ear.

I was caught up in a web of words. Thought I'd share them.

A poem of redemption ... of sorts



I expect to be impressed
You have a positive outlook on life
I like the way it sounds
The mind is it's own place

That might be a bit too much
You said I'm fearless
That's imagination!

When do we start?
The summer is young
Never had a chicken do me wrong
You're not missing much

Sweet old place you got here
Who plays the piano?
Here goes ...
I would leave all the windows open to hear that kind of playing.
When I was writing, I listened to all kinds of music
Why'd you stop writing?

Use the imagination
You draw from your own experiences
Who among us truly knows the ways of love?
We'll cry over anything

Take it easy with that
I don't know why I'm always surprised - I just keep hoping
OK
That's enough

You know what I'm talking about
It's Magic Time!
Ready!

Bless you, Sweetheart
:: whispered ::  I think he likes me
It was a plot
It's really important

It's turning out to be a lovely day
I'm seeing things with a clear eye - and I like the view
Why don't you join us?
Have a seat

Most times, real life doesn't measure up to what's in our heads
     but every now and then it comes pretty close
If it's all the same to you, I'll stick with real life for a spell
I don't believe in last chances ...
I've had too many of them

If you don't mind, it's a personal conversation
What do you want?
I'd settle for more nights like this
One of the great pleasures life has to offer
     is their own search after the heart
Take care

Your ears look like they could handle a soft whisper
I was able to dance in the moonlight
A night like this certainly puts you in the mood
If you're not too tired, you might want to set a spell
Sleeping under the stars has never been a hardship

I'll play
Come on!
One door closes, another one opens
They gave me my life back
I already got my miracle

I'm glad you're writing again
I'm glad you read it
I respect consistency

So long, partner
Promise me something
Never stop looking for what's not there
I promise


















No comments: