Monday, November 2, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 02

Today I'm grateful for the concept of the Home Blessing.

"What's that?" you ask?

Well, some people would call it "housework." It's the cleaning and spiffying up that goes beyond daily tidying. Cleaning bathrooms, washing towels and sheets, scrubbing countertops, sweeping and mopping and vacuuming, fertilizing the plants, cleaning the pine needles off the deck and porch, dusting, gathering the trash from around the house, washing the door mats.

I've learned to look at this routine as a blessing rather than as drudgery. As I care for my home, I care for my family. At the start of each week, we all get a new beginning. The house looks tidy and smells nice. It feels cozy. It gives Dale a place to rest peacefully after working hard all day. It's my contribution to our family life. I have the skill and ability and time to give to those I love in this everyday way.


Mostly, it's a reminder of how nice it is to have a warm home, nice furnishings, and a place to gather in peace.

No comments: