Sunday, January 10, 2016

A 2016 January Day

The last time I wrote my answers to this meme was about 6 years ago. I'm a little off my game today with no photo I feel like editing, so thought I'd give this a go.


Outside my window...
icicles are forming, and melting, 
and forming some more.

From the kitchen... 
I hear dirty pans left over from lunch
calling my name.

I am wearing...
Sunday laid-back clothes. I dare not leave the house.
OK, they're not that bad, but almost.

I am thinking... 
far too much
about things I have no ability to change.

I am going...
to chat with my attorney
to figure out next steps.

I am hoping...
the court hearing will soon be scheduled
so I can be dismissed of my trustee duties.

I am creating... 
a list of life-giving activities I can do
once I'm no longer bogged down in extended family obligations.

I am hearing...
one of Dale's testosterone filled movies.
The surround sound is impressive at this volume.

I am watching...
all seven seasons of The West Wing
with my favorite guy who loves politics
and well written words

I am reading...
A Modern Priest Looks at His Outdated Church 
by James Kavanaugh written in 1967.
Many of the same concerns remain.

I smell...
The remaining aroma
of hot berry pie.

Around the house...
are small piles of objects
patiently waiting to return to their cubbies.

One of my favorite things...
is taking pictures.
Photography puts my mind in the present moment, at peace.

A few plans for the rest of the week... 
a home blessing, shredding some documents, folding freshly cleaned laundry.
For fun I plan to color, to take pictures, to go on Pinterest and dream crafty dreams.

I am thankful for... 
Dale, always.
Always, always, always...

No comments: