Thursday, May 19, 2016

Gift Tags

Project Pinterest 07


Today's inspiration was to make stacks and stacks of gift tags in bright colors. This is another craft made from dollar store finds.


Instead of using neon poster board, I decided to make my tags from blue, yellow, pink, and green index cards.


I used my nice Fiskars punch model #1335 to make the tags. They're about 2-1/4" tall and 1-1/2" wide.


I was able to punch three tags from each index card.


I used a regular-size hole punch to make the top hole. Then used baker's twine for the tie. The baker's twine is also from the dollar store. Three rolls per dollar. I found two color sets.


One of the pins I used as inspiration had a cute little punch at the bottom of the tag. Unfortunately, I don't have a punch quite small enough, so I gave up on that idea. The inspiration pin also used brown paper reinforcements around the hole. Again, my paper reinforcements were too big for my tags, so I gave up on that idea, too. As you can see, I was planning to color coordinate the reinforcements with the tag and tie color.


This was a great craft-while-watching-TV project. I ended up using 5 index cards of each color ... so 15 tags in each color. They look so pretty all stacked up together. Now ... what pretty packages shall I attach them to?


---

Inspiration from knotandbow on Etsy


No comments: