Monday, June 6, 2016

Bunny Time

With the sun rising earlier and earlier each morning, I'm having a hard time staying asleep past 6 am. Since the weather forecast predicted that the temperature was going to reach nearly 100 degrees today, I decided to get up and go for an early morning walk to beat the heat.

Along the way, I walked passed our neighbor's bunny. This bunny goes home to get fed, then prowls the neighborhood with the outdoor cats. I think she's the gang leader. She doesn't like to get too close to us two-legged sorts.


So I was stunned to see the bunny sitting by the curb on the opposite side of the street from her home. I walked past. She didn't move. I grabbed my phone's camera and stepped back. She didn't move. I took two photos. She didn't move. Her eyes appear to be open. She didn't move. Do bunny's sleep with their eyes open? (Google says yes).

The bunny didn't move, so I proceeded on. Soon enough, this bunny will be on the move and out of reach again.

No comments: