Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Eyelets and Aglets

I've decided to give myself another photography challenge!

Several years ago I learned about artist and author Danny Gregory. Among other creative ideas on his website are a series of challenges for artists. For a while, I participated in the Everyday Matters Challenge.

Danny posted a daily challenge idea (the original idea from painter Karen Winters). Participants try drawing the object in his challenge. Since I don't draw, I decided to use the challenge ideas as photo prompts. I think I did a series of about 20 in the past.

Now that I have a bit more time to develop my creative energies, I thought I'd take up the Everyday Matters Challenge again. My current plans are:

  1. to do the challenges in order, though not necessarily on consecutive days
    (there are 328 items on the challenge list so far!)
  2. to do primarily macro/close-up shots since that's my favorite form of photography
  3. to put the photos primarily in an 8" x 10" format
  4. to change these parameters as the challenge teaches me where it wants to go

I'm not going to hold my feet to the fire over this. I'll work on the challenge at my whim. After all, I like to blog about many topics that interest me here in my Studio. This is going to be fun!

So I'll start today with Everyday Matters #1


A Shoe



No comments: