Friday, November 4, 2016

Skittles Experiment

My friend Sarah did this experiment with her kids. It looked so fun that I checked it out on YouTube to see how to carry out the experiment myself.

Grab a bag of Skittles. Put them in a ring around a plate. I decided to use a pattern, but it's not necessary. The colors can be random.


I used the Wild Berry Skittles because I liked the colors.


Carefully pour some warm water in the center of the plate.


Watch. This looks cool.


Wait. I don't think my table is level.


Enjoy the colors wick off the candy and into the water to make pretty designs.


Now the colors are getting muddy.


I tried this back in October when I was playing with using shaving cream and food coloring to marble paper. I wanted to see if I could marble paper with the food coloring swirl made by the Skittles experiment. It didn't work at all.


.
.
.
.
.
I admit to waiting until now to post the experiment because the day after I did this experiment, Donald Trump Jr. made that horrible Skittles-in-a-bowl reference. I didn't want to be associated with that nonsense in any way.

No comments: