Monday, February 20, 2017

My Valentines

This year I had grand plans to make a unique Valentine card for each of the special people in my life. I had some doozies picked out. Then LIFE happened. I felt a little lousy. The Winter Blues kicked in. I had disturbing politics on my mind. You know the drill.

Still I was determined to make handcrafted valentines this year, so I picked one idea and set to work. I found this idea on Pinterest, of course.


I was pleased to find card blanks at the Dollar Tree this year. So I picked up a pack that had red fronts, white interiors, and pink envelopes.

I used brown craft paper, also from Dollar Tree, and cut out the shape of the paper bags. The "bling" is a string of gem stickers, also from Dollar Tree.


I raided my stash and used some scraps of patterned papers to punch out a variety of heart shapes in two sizes. The foil red heart is from my stash. Some of those hearts are actually cut from designs on Christmas cards!


On the inside, I taped a small valentine lapel pin, added the sentiment, and a flower sticker. One of my goals this year is to learn some fancy hand lettering techniques so my cards will look more polished.


Best? I got the cards in the mail on time, and they arrived at the homes of family and friends by Valentine's Day.

---

I don't know the name of the designer who inspired me.
Here's what the original design looked like.



No comments: