Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Cards

So here's where several of the pieces come together -- in individualized cards for my daughters, my aunt, and my good friend.

I started with white card blanks. Using the green acrylic paint and a pencil eraser, I made polka dots all over the front of the card, and in a "frame" on the inside of the card.

Jeanne

Next, I cut some slits in the card front and slid the toothpicks holding the leprechauns in place. Those toothpicks were covered up by the coffee filter shamrocks. Then I tied a small bow from light green satin ribbon and adhered it onto the shamrock stem.

Jeff and Julie

On the inside, I used double-sided tape to adhere the sentiment to the card, centering it within the polka dot frame I made. (Sorry, no photo of that).



On the cards I made for my aunt and friend, I didn't have photos of them I could work with. So I made two extra leprechauns with my face that I used on their cards.

Jodie and Ken

I made a care package for my daughters that included these cards, a couple holiday pencils, a crocheted shamrock that I turned into a lapel pin, a package of "Rainbow Seeds," and a package of "Leprechaun Poop." These were wrapped in green tissue with the chenille stem "Lucky" gift tags.

I can't believe this, but I forgot to take photos of the Rainbow Seeds and Leprechaun Poop! Ack! Maybe my daughters can send me snapshots if they still have the packaging. They turned out really cute.

This was a lot of fun projects. I heard back from the recipients, and they all got a good laugh, as I'd hoped.

No comments: