Thursday, March 9, 2017

With a Little Luck

Over the years, St. Patrick's Day is not a holiday I've celebrated much. After all, our family's ancestors are from Germany, Italy, and a mix of eastern European countries. The most I've done is wear a little green to keep from getting pinched or dress up for a fun photo. I had a total of four small decorative items. So I thought I'd do something about that this year and make a few more decorations.

First, I framed three of the four items I had on hand, each of which I made over the years. Because they are so small, none of them made much of an impact on their own. So I grabbed a frame from my stash, some scrapbook paper, and some glue dots and put them all in one place.


The Irish beaded counted thread ornament called Little Bit o' Blarney from the Sweetheart Tree that I stitched in 2006.


The leprechaun made from a wooden clothespin I made in 2014.


The cross-stitch Luck pin I made in 2004.


This combo piece will join other decor I made to decorate the living room mantle. I'll share other decor in the coming days. In addition, I've also been crafting some special gifts for the young leprechauns in my life. I hope to get all the goodies finished so I can mail them this weekend, and will share the surprises after the gifts have been received. After all, St. Patrick's day is only six days away!

No comments: