Sunday, April 2, 2017

Spring Wreath

Today I made a new wreath for our front porch. I found this idea on Pinterest several years ago, and decided to give it a go this year.


First, I gathered up my materials. The wreath form is the one I used last month for the St. Patrick's Day wreath.  I bought the green eyelash yarn on eBay for about $7.50. The pink dot stickers are from Dollar Tree. I found the lace flower trim and the bright pink satin ribbon in my stash.


First, I wrapped the wreath form with the eyelash yarn. That took over an hour to do because the yarn is very very thin and has two be wrapped tightly to keep the foam wreath form from showing through.

I love the daisy lace trim used in my inspiration piece. But to buy a roll would have cost another $7.00 and which I didn't want to spend and a 10 mile trip into Joann's which I didn't feel like driving. So I looked through my stash and found this rose trim. It was fairly yellowed with age. So I soaked it in warm water and OxyClean and it brightened right up. I separated the flowers from the leaves, then hot glued the flowers into the eyelash yarn "grass."


I placed a pink sticker dot in the center of each flower. I tied the bright satin ribbon into a bow and pinned it in place. Finally, I created the little sign using some pink cardstock, some felt-tip markers, and a toothpick.


This wreath graces our porch by the front door. Now if only our lawn will perk up and become as green as this wreath! Come on, Spring!



---

Inspiration from Duitang


No comments: