Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Easter Baskets

It's a week later, and here's the last Easter post. I made Easter baskets for my daughters.

The contents were put in some colorful clamshell plastic boxes ... they look a bit like take-home boxes from a restaurant. I had them on hand and they packed for mailing better than actual baskets would. Inside I packed ...

A pretty take-out box


filled with Jelly Belly jellybeans. I made the Easter grass by feeding two shades of green tissue paper through my shredder. Very inexpensive and the paper doesn't stick to everything the way cellophane Easter grass does.


The little crochet bunny head was adhered to the closed lid.


I added two pencils with Easter designs,


the crochet Big Chick which I glued to a refrigerator magnet (the color of the clip matched the color of the basket).


a chocolate bunny and some bunny ears,


and a mini basket made from a paper candy cup, purple chenille stem handle, and butterfly sticker decoration. Inside was more Easter grass, two Hershey almond kisses, a sparkly foam egg, and the crochet bunny backside.


Finally, the crochet Lil Chick,


and a weighted, stuffed Easter bunny and sprig of flowers.


Now that my daughters are grown, I have more time to make the kinds of baskets I wanted to make as they were growing up. So goes life.The gifts brought a smile to their faces. After all, who doesn't like to receive a care package in their mailbox?


No comments: