Sunday, May 7, 2017

Including Deer Carcasses

It was a beautiful sunny Spring day in north Idaho. I'd spent the weekend with Jodie in central Washington. So when I got home, I did what I always love to do with Dale -- go for a ride in the convertible. Today we drove out into the countryside east of Coeur d'Alene, through Nettleton Gulch.

It's a paved road, that turns into a walker's paradise amid the forest, horse pastures, barns, and running stream. The road then downgrades to gravel, which then becomes a rougher forest service road as it heads up the side of the mountain. We decided to turn around before it was time to go 4-wheeling. At the turn-around point, these signs were posted (note the obligatory gunshot holes).


So very Idaho. I can't decide if my favorite part is the insistence on packing out your own deer carcasses, or the reminder that you must show up in court if cited.

No comments: