Thursday, July 27, 2017

Have Your Cake

and display it, too. In my case, it will be displayed in our guest room. For now, it's on a bedside table resting in a plate stand.


This is the last of the pieces I've stitched thus far from the 2006 Cross-stitch Calendar. Now that these are framed, I feel I have the latitude to begin another in the series. I don't like getting too far ahead of myself.

I sure do like the finished products. I found this antique-white wood frame for three dollars at a thrift store. It came with glass and a quite pretty handcrafted handmade paper and pressed flower piece in the shape of a heart. I'm sure I'll find a use for that in my future, too.


This chart used some Smyrna cross stitches in the border, and a little backstitching for definition of the cake layers, as well as for the word "Love." For embellishments, I found the little heart beads in my stash and added them to the cake in a playful up and down pattern.

Once again, I added a label to the back for a complete finish.


No comments: