Saturday, August 26, 2017

Studio 31 - Day 15

My granddaughter Melody's tag blanket is complete!


I finished stitching the "M" onto the blanket this afternoon. Then this evening, I machine basted each tag onto the blanket 1/4 inch from the edge. I clipped the front and back in place, right sides together. Then sewed around the perimeter at 1/2 inch from the edge, leaving about 4 inches open.


I turned the blanket inside-in through that 4 inch gap. Using a wooden skewer, I pushed the corners into place. Then I clipped the gap closed.


Finally, I top-stitched around the perimeter at 3/8 inch from the edge, closing the 4 inch gap with the top stitching. The top-stitching gives the blanket a nice finished edge. Each tag now has three rows of stitching to keep from getting pulled out by little baby fingers.


Dale and I hope to visit Melody and her parents next week. It will be fun to watch her discover all the textures.

No comments: