Sunday, December 24, 2017

Just In Time

... for Christmas, I finished my Thanksgiving stitchery.


Gobble Gobble is one of the designs from the 2006 Cross-stitch Calendar that I've been working through in 2017. As you can see, the original design has the words "Gobble Gobble" surrounding the turkey. I didn't like that. So I looked for some pumpkin buttons or charms that I could use in place of the words.


I was unable to find them easily, and didn't want to put a lot of effort into it on this Christmas Eve. So I hunkered down in my Studio with some Sharpies and shrink plastic to make my own buttons.

Click for larger image

I free-handed the pumpkin drawings directly on the shrink plastic and colored them in with the Sharpies I had on hand. The pumpkins are a little bright for the rest of the design, but I think they work just fine.


It took a couple tries to get the finished buttons the size I needed. I think I did OK. I framed the stitchery in an inexpensive frame from Dollar Tree. This little turkey is going to hang out on the mantle for a while with the Christmas stockings and gnomes.

No comments: