Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sundays are Made for Stitching

At least this Sunday was. I spent many content hours stitching and listening to podcasts. I can recommend Making Oprah. It's a three part documentary revealing the inside story of how The Oprah Winfrey Show was made. It also has three mini-episodes that follow, and a follow-up show on the making of Donahue. Good listening.

While listening and enjoying, I stitched. The border is finished. The grassy background is about half done. I decided to use a half-cross-stitch for the grass. It's working well. It gives more visual weight to the lamb and the flowers and less weight to the grass in the background. If I change my mind once the white ground fabric is filled in, I can complete the crosses on another pass. I'm pretty satisfied with this look.


This chart has been a very, very enjoyable stitch. It's funny how some charts are a joy and others are really stinky to stitch. I have a sunflower bookmark that I've stitched several times simply because it's a joy to stitch. Gosh. Looking at the picture of it makes me want to stitch it again! Why not? Apparently it's been 10 years since I last stitched it.

My brain has been like this all day ... jumping from one subject to another. What the heck? I'm blaming it on winter and being slightly stir-crazy ... wanting sunshine, blue skies, and green plants.

No comments: