Saturday, March 17, 2018

The King of Spring - Part 3

After a month-and-a-half, another chart from my 2006 Cross-Stitch Calendar is now done. I'm one step closer to finishing one my my 18 in 2018 Goals.


He is a dandy little fellow, with his polka dot breast and golden crown. I added a heart-shaped button to the stitched heart.


The specialty stitches incorporated into this design are the yellow smyrna crosses at the corners of the border, a satin stitch for the big dots on the wings, and a half-cross that makes up the purple background. I'm crazy about the mat that came with this design and think the gold frame sets off the piece beautifully.


I think I'll take a short break from these calendar charts and work on a different piece of needlework over the next month. But I am determined to finish the last few charts before the end of the year.

No comments: