Thursday, March 15, 2018

Throwback Thursday - 1997 (Part 1)

We're moving forward to 1997 where I finished at least 15 counted cross-stitch projects. These first five finishes were fairly small because I was working on a large project at the same time. These small finishes kept me from feeling crazy while I worked on the bigger piece.


 Easter Breadcloth

This was a sweet, fast project. Basically, it's the corner of a cloth napkin that we use to keep rolls warm for Easter dinners. Twenty years later, we still use it.





.
Easter Egg Welcome

We hang this six-inch embroidery hoop near the front door each year to welcome friend to our home.




Mickey Mouse

I stitched this for my daughter Jodie because she wanted me to make something special for her. When Jodie didn't need it any more, she gave it back to me. Last week, I passed it on to my granddaughter, Melody.




Butterfly Pins

I was part of a women's church group where one of the gifts each new participant received was a butterfly. I decided to design and stitch these pins for my ladies. They are stitched on a base of perforated paper. Each butterfly has a unique pattern on its wings, but all the butterflies use the same color pallet. That was to symbolize that each of us in the group is an individual, but we all have similar threads of shared life experience.




Angel

This was my second attempt at stitching on a t-shirt fabric with waste canvas. In this case, I was covering up a hole in my daughter's jumpsuit. The hole was near the neckline, so I told my daughter that this way she could always have an angel on her shoulder.



No comments: