Thursday, March 22, 2018

Throwback Thursday - 1997 (Part 2)

In the middle of 1997, I completed two larger projects and several smaller ones. The largest was this version of The Beatitudes that I completed for my sister-in-law. It's one of her favorite bible passages which she said gave her some peace as she went through cancer treatment.


Bluebird Peaches was a chart I stitched for my oldest brother as a birthday gift. He, too, was going through cancer treatments. Because he lived so far away, I felt helpless to be of support to him. Stitching this was my way to do it ... every stitch a prayer. My brother was a bit of a local history buff and had a large collection of fruit labels form various California companies. I picked this pattern because I knew he'd appreciate the reproduction.


Every year I stitch Christmas ornaments for my family. I missed the mark in 1996, and didn't finishing stitching those ornaments until the following September! These little pillows were sewn together by hand with red satin ribbon loops as hangers.


I made this bookmark to accompany a book I sent to an online friend. I like my choice of fabric on this, but that yellow lace ... hmmm.



No comments: