Saturday, November 10, 2018

Moon Over Blackbird

I made a thing!

I stitched up this little pumpkin and its friends. It's a portion of a Lizzie*Kate's Moon Over Blackbird and measures about 2.5 inches by 4.5 inches when stitched on Fiddler's Cloth.

I finished it as an ornament ... but without a hanger. It's padded on the font


and on the back. I used a piece of sparkly Fall leaf fabric to cover the back of the ornament. All the veins and dots on the leaf are metallic.


The front and back are sewn together by hand along the edge. Then I added a bright orange picot-edge ribbon around the sides.


I've propped my little guy up next to it's big brother so the stitched pumpkins can live together in our living room pumpkin patch.


This was a sweet two-day project that reminded me just how much I love cross-stitch.

No comments: