Saturday, November 17, 2018

Squirrel!

Dale and I dropped by his mom's house for a visit. My mother-in-law is the best gardener I know. Her yard is lovely with green lawns, flowers, statuary, birdbaths, and feeders. She said that yesterday a mother deer was resting in a quiet spot in the lawn. The deer's fawn was spotted walking down the street.

My mother-in-law told us stories about how squirrels bury nuts and seeds in her yard in the Fall, and how she pulls up young trees every Spring from the seeds that sprout.


Right about then a couple squirrels started chasing each other under the feeder. Soon afterward, this hungry rascal started walking toward her porch with this big apple in his mouth. He stopped to nibble a while, then picked the apple up with his teeth and scampered across the lawn. Through the window, I was able to snap a couple photos with my phone's camera before he got away.


Such a delightful way to spend an hour.

No comments: