Saturday, December 7, 2019

Assembling My New Studio

Turning my room into a working Studio is going to take some time and ingenuity. The Studio in our Post Falls home was b-i-g. Maybe 12 feet by 18 feet. I had lots of room for a lot of stash for a lot of handcrafts. My new Studio is 10 feet by 10-1/2 feet, plus a large closet that's 6 feet by 2 feet. Now, this is still a good sized room, but I lost a LOT of square footage. Even with downsizing quite a bit, I still have stash in all these boxes that need to find a home.



Not only do I need to fit my handicrafts into the room, but also my photo studio equipment and my office! Since Dale now works from home, I can no longer share office space with him. Let's just say things are tight.

To be honest, we think that most of the alcove (shown above with the boxes) will also eventually become permanent storage for some of my stash. Most likely the photo equipment and maybe fabric. But figuring that out is an evolution or 10 away from this now.

Today Dale and I completed a good job. We installed the shelves in my closet. This gives me quite a bit of storage for craft supplies, plus some room on the side for tall items like an ironing board and bolts of fabric. I like standing back and looking at all that gorgeous space, ready to fill.



But turn around, and this is the current cluttered state of the rest of the Studio. I've got a big job ahead of me!

(no sound)

Still, the progress does feel good. I'll take what I can get.

No comments: