Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 402: California Flora

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Mass O' Flowers

A little over two hours later, I landed at the Burbank, CA airport. It was actually cooler in Burbank at 9:45am than it was in Post Falls, ID at 3am! (We've been having one heck of a hot spell).

My friend John met me at the airport and we headed off to the Airport Marriott where this beautiful mass of red, orange and purple flowers greeted us.

I grew up in southern California and the gorgeous flowers and the palm trees were just a normal part of my youth. But having been away for such a long time, when I see these now, I go absolutely ga-ga.

Since I'd arrived so early, our rooms were not ready. So we just went on in to the convention center for the Hollywood Collector's Show. John and I finished setting up his vendor spot where he sells movie memorabilia and other collectibles under the name Aladdin Books.

I got to be John's assistant for the weekend. This mostly required me to be security guard while John was running around doing his thing, and chatting up his customers. Plus, we had a lot of time to talk and catch up as old friends are like to do.

No comments: