Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Dance: Penguin Bookmark

I decided to start my 2010 stitching in a small way.

My stitching group is egging me on to try stitching a BAP this year (Big A** Project), so I thought I'd better work up to it. Would be hard to start smaller than this!

In truth, I found this little penguin and was going to make it into a Christmas ornament for my middle daughter, Julie. She's a bit of a nut about penguins, so I've stitched a few for her over the years.

But because we were pretty busy at the end of last year getting Julie ready to move across the country, I didn't get much stitching done. The week after Christmas, Julie moved to Pittsburgh, PA to begin grad school.

So I decided to stitch the penguin anyway, but turn it into a bookmark. Seeing as she has to read over 600 pages on a weekend, I figured a bookmark might find a bit of use!

8 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

And he's so cute!

Terri said...

Really Cute Cameo

sapphireroze said...

he's ADORABLE!

Vicki ~ FL said...

Cute....I need to finish a x-stitch I started for my sister before my cataract surgery, now I'm waiting on my glasses so I can finish it!!

DUSTY said...

He is adorable Cameo !!!

Dutchbaby said...

Very nice penguin. It was very thoughtful of you to turn it into a bookmark for your daughter.

LisaG said...

Very cute Cameo & LOL at group egging you on to do a BAP.

Patricia Cecilia said...

Cute AND appropriate for a new Pittsburgh dweller---maybe Julie will root for the Pittsburgh Penguins while she's living there!