Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Chocolate Lady

(Did I get your attention, Vicki?)

So I went to my favorite "Op Shop" last month with my daughter Jodie. We were looking for a piece of furniture for her room. What we found instead were three more Ladies of the Evening. The first I laid my fingers on was this lovely lass with chocolate brown skin, smooth as satin.


I've never picked up a lady with this particular shape. Lift her flap, and she reveals a dandy zipper closure. But the intrigue is in her thin covering of net and beads, the net formed in two variations. The flap has a tight, horizontal weave. Her body, both front and back, is intricate as a honeycomb. I love the way the chocolate crystal beads are mixed with the gold seed beads. She is full of sparkle and shine.


She sports a long, sinuous beaded handle made of two sizes of chocolate brown jewel beads, alternating in a row.


I love modeling my lovely Ladies of the Evening here. My collection seems to be growing by leaps and bounds this year. I found a 4th velvety gal in a thrift store and received a 5th white satin confection for Mother's Day. I plan to display my wares over the next few days. These are the Ladies that began my collection.

But no, they are not for hire!

No comments: