Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gratitude: Down by the Riverside

The Spokane River at Kiwanis Park
Post Falls, Idaho

I'm grateful I live in this beautiful part of the world. The neighborhood I live in is in the woods. A short walk down the sidewalk and around a couple corners, I get to this park. It's so peaceful. I walk among the trees and wildflowers. I know most of the trails now. I think of those I love. I wander down to the river ... and pause ... and focus my camera.

When I can spend this time alone with my thoughts, my hopes, my fears, it soothes my soul. To watch the ducks and geese, to drink in the fragrances of spring, to sit on a pointy rock and appreciate how uncomfortable it is while at the same time being totally comfortable in these surroundings helps me move out of the troubles and fears, and into the present moment.

That is my moment of gratitude.

* * * * *


Weekly Gratitude
For 52 weeks, count your blessings and document them once each week

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Very true - great place, too.

sapphireroze said...

I miss that place. It's been a long time since I've gotten to visit there.