Saturday, March 19, 2011

WIP: Valentine 1

Keeping with the theme of holidays throughout the year, the next quilt square I'm stitching for charity is a valentine.

This design is from a freebie chart I had in my stash. It's called Heart's Desire by Honey Bee Creations. I'm using DMC colors of my own choosing instead of using the specialty threads called for in the design. I also decided to add a grid to the largest heart just to make it a little more interesting.

There's a good chance I'll need to add a border to this design just to fill up the design area of the quilt square a little more. I guess I'll figure that out when I complete the main portion of the design.

3 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Very cool!

DUSTY said...

Looks great so far Cameo, I loke the gridding on the main heart. It adds character to it.

SueFitz said...

What a nice looking pattern I'm always looking for heart patterns ESP freebies

Looking great