Saturday, January 10, 2015

Gifts for My Girls (& a Friend!) - Part 8

Here's another little craft I saw on Pinterest that caught my eye. A cute and easy (and fast!) Santa gift card holder. I made two of these for Christmas gifts in 2014. One was the size to hold a gift card. Then I made a smaller one that was just big enough for a key.


Start with these pieces:

  • 11" x 6" red card stock for suit
  • 11" x 2.5" black card stock for belt
  • 3" x 3" white (or silver) card stock for buckle
  • 2" x 2" black card stock for middle of buckle
  • 3/4" diameter black card stock circles for buttons
  • 4-1/2" x 2-1/2" red card stock for inside pocket *or* glue dots

For the smaller gift holder I just downsized the pieces proportionally.


Fold the suit and belt as shown. Use double-sticky tape or glue to attach belt, buttons, and buckle.


On the inside you can use double-sticky tape to attach the pocket into which you slip the gift card. Since my gift card was sort of big, I attached it with glue dots. On the smaller gift card holder I also chose to attach the key with a glue dot.


So cute!


Daughter Jeanne got a kick out of her gift.  :)


Thanks to daughter Jodie for help with these photos.

---

Gift card holder inspired by Stamp With Heather:


No comments: