Friday, January 9, 2015

Gifts for My Girls - Part 7

Middle daughter, Julie, has a new kitten named Fawkes. He's quite a busy, dapper fellow who likes to dress up in sweaters, hats, and ties. So I decided to give my grandkitty a little gift of a bow tie using some inspiration I found on Pinterest.

I found a nice tie at a thrift shop in colors that I thought would show off well against Fawkes' fur. So I carefully removed all the stitching and interfacing from the tie, pressed it, and used the fabric. You can check out the link at the bottom of the page to get the dimensions. But even after making the tie, I still had this much fabric left!


It was a press, fold, pin, pinch, wrap, sew kind of project. Then I added a ribbon to tie around his neck.


My childhood doggie modeled it for me before I sent off the package.


Ready for a close up?


Here's Fawkes lookin' all snappy in his new duds.


(Thanks to Julie and Jodie for the photographs!)

---


Inspired by a pattern I saw on Chic Sprinkles


No comments: