Sunday, January 11, 2015

Gifts for My Girls - Part 9

My eldest daughter, Jeanne, has long kept a journal. I was just like her at that age. I know how nice it is to have a special journal in which to write. She is also a lover of cats. I decided to combine her two passions into one gift.


I found this simple chart of a cat silhouette on Pinterest. I stitched it on 14 count Fiddler's cloth which is sort of a tweedy brown and beige cross-stitch fabric. I sewed it onto a coordinating cotton print, then used it to cover a simple spiral notebook.


I lined the inside of the front cover with an interesting scrapbook paper.


Next, I collected images of cats from magazines, catalogs, and other print media. I glued them to the corners of pages throughout the journal.


It makes for a whimsical piece that is useful and practical. I like that it's another way to let Jeanne know she has my emotional support.

(Thanks to Jeanne for the photos)

---

The chart was inspired by this publication:



No comments: