Friday, January 30, 2015

Self Portrait Week 4: The Thinkers

Contemplating the state of the kingdom with the frog prince.

(In honor of last week's State of the Union address)





---

Photo Lessons I Learned:

Sometimes it's the funniest things that inspire a photo. I was sweeping off my front porch and wiping down the table on which this frog sits. I realized it was "self-portrait day" and didn't have a good idea for a shot. So I sat down at the table to come up with an idea with my head in my hand, and realized the frog was looking back at me with the same expression.

This photo is taken in natural daylight in the afternoon. The waning sun is shining on my face from the right. I used my camera's phone in "selfie" mode, and tried to make position match the frog's. Maybe I should have grabbed my tiara, too.

No comments: