Thursday, February 26, 2015

Self Portrait Week 8: Put on a Happy Face

Even when I've got the winter blues, I can pull out the polka dots, grab a Cheetos smile, and shine.


How 'bout you?

---

Photo Lessons I Learned:

Forcing myself to do a creative project will often ease me out of depression. The process of being present to what I'm doing and solving problems takes me away from the kinds of thoughts that feed a depressive cycle.

This week I created the backdrop in my living room by cutting circles from construction paper and taping them to the wall. I took the photo in the afternoon without great light. So I used a fill flash, bouncing the light off the ceiling. I used a remote wireless shutter with my Canon 60D. 

My model needs to learn how to pose, though. I took about 50 shots before I got one I liked. It's hard to keep a twinkle in one's eye while keeping track of all the technical parts of taking your own picture. 



F5 ... 1/15 sec ... ISO 800 ... 42mm

No comments: