Sunday, May 29, 2016

My New Crocheted Hat

 Project Pinterest 08



While Dale was away on a business trip last week, I listened to a couple Harry Potter audio books and crocheted a hat.


This was a new-to-me piece of apparel. The Slouch Hat. I found my inspiration on Pinterest.


It's an elongated stocking cap that's intended to fit closely around then head, then slouch down in the back.


The base of the hat is all done in increasing rows of half double crochet. It was fortuitous the way the yarn color changed just as I completed the base.


The pattern changes into alternate rows of half double crochet and a crossed double crochet. This was a new stitch for me.


The X pattern shows up better when using a solid color yarn. I chose a Lion Brand Yarn called Tweed Stripes in color 201 Orchid. This hat matches the scarf I knit last winter.


One of the best attributes? This hat even works if you wear your hair like Marge Simpson!


---

Inspiration is the Kisses Slouchy Hat by Kristina Olson Designs













No comments: