Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Let Them Eat Cake!

I started another small stitching project today. It's called Have Your Cake. The finished piece will be just over 3 inches square. It's stitched on 14 ct aida - which is nice because I don't need magnification to see the holes in the fabric!


Today I stitched the guideline grid and began stitching the top layer of the cake. As you can see, I snip away the guidelines as the stitching approaches them. Even though this is a very small piece, I like having the visual reference so that it's less likely that I'll miscount the stitches.


I like having handwork to do while watching TV in the evenings. Otherwise, I find myself playing a game on my phone incessantly. Ultimately, that's not beneficial for my mental health. If I need to keep my hands busy, I might as well create something lovely.

No comments: