Friday, January 5, 2007

Day 203: EDM Through the Window

I've added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section:
Day 203 - End of the Season

When I was a young teenager and full of angst, I loved to walk in the alley that ran behind the houses in the neighborhood. I'd look over the fences and, if any drapes were open, I'd peek in the window and imagine what it would be like to live there instead of in my home.

What I loved seeing most was families sitting around the dinner table, sharing a meal, and looking like they enjoyed each other's company.

So in taking this photo, I put myself in my teenage shoes, and peeked through the front window of my own home. I like what I see! I've helped to make my home the kind of place I always wanted to live in ... and pretty as a picture!

This photo is also part of the Everyday Matters Challenge. I learned about this website through another stitcher who likes to draw. The Everyday Matters Challenge is to draw often. The more you draw, the better you'll get. The site's owner, Danny Gregory, gives drawing assignments. Then the participants draw a picture and post it to the Flickr group.

Well, I barely draw. So I decided to use the EDM assignments and photograph the images rather than drawing them. I figure, the more photos I take, the better I'll get! This is Challenge #15: Draw a tree or trees, leaves or branches.

No comments: