Monday, March 5, 2007

Day 262: Lacy Apron

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Child's Crocheted Apron.

The history of this apron is a bit of a mystery to me. When I was growing up, it was in my mother's linen closet with the other items created by my grandmother, but I have no way of knowing if this, too, was stitched my Grandma Bertie. I'm going to believe it was stitched by her for my oldest sister. This apron also survived the house fire in 1987. It's in very good condition for all it's been through.

Isn't it pretty!?! The top of the apron measures about 9.5 inches. The lower edge is about 17 inches wide. The length is just over 12 inches. It's made with blue and white crochet cotton and stitched in a ripple pattern with alternating vertical stripes of double crochet and a very pretty split shell stitch.

So you can see a closer version, if you click on the image above, it will take you to a high resolution, detailed image of the apron rather than to my Creative Journey photo section.

No comments: