Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 275: Bulbs, part 2

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Emergence

After 156 days of waiting, my new bulbs have sprouted!


Last Fall I covered them in screen and weed stop cloth to protect them from the hungry squirrels that live in our back yard. This morning I uncovered the beds to find that my bulbs have sprouted about three or four inches!

Looks like a lot of them are viable! I expected the new bulbs would grow, but I wasn't so sure about all the old bulbs that I'd pulled up and replanted. The rest of the yard is a drab mess of pine cones, pine needles, broken branches, moss and overgrowth. But my flower beds are cleaned up and ready to burst into color.

Let's hope these little bursts of courage call me outdoors often to play in the garden and get more of the yard ready to bloom.

No comments: