Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 319: Camas Lily

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Camas Lily

When I first moved to Idaho, I lived in Lewiston and went to school at Lewis-Clark State College. Many of my classmates -- including my new best friend -- grew up on Idaho's Camas Prairie.

At the time, all I knew about prairies was what I learned from the TV show, Little House on the Prairie. Then, my best friend took me home to meet her mom and see the tiny town where she grew up.

I got to see the Camas Prairie in the spring. The wildflowers were in bloom -- a sea of undulating blue.

Later, my church group took a hike along a long stretch of railroad tracks that runs through the prairie. We hiked over trestles and through tunnels, taking in the beauty of a spring morning. I think that's when I truly fell in love with Idaho and decided to stay and make this my home.

The camas flower in this photo was growing on the forest floor in a park near my home. I wondered off the beaten path, and found it swaying in the whisper breeze.

No comments: