Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 370: Father's Day

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Infestation

We had quite the busy Father's Day last weekend.

All three daughters remembered to give Dale a call ... I didn't even have to remind them! Those girls sure are becoming fine young women. I'm awfully proud of my daughters.

Then Dale and I went over to his brother's house. It was Dennis' last day in Coeur d'Alene ... he moved to the Seattle area for a new job. We sure will miss him.

While waiting for the party to start, Dale and I took a tour of the yard. Dennis' yard is connected to Grandma's yard. My mother-in-law, Joany, is responsible for the gorgeous plantings. That woman has the greenest thumb I've ever seen! I took a number of photos of the gorgeous flowering plants. When I downloaded the photos and zoomed in on this rose, that's where I learned I had some models! Photogenic, aren't they?

Around 9pm, Dale and I went to pick Jodie up at the Spokane Airport. I've always envied the folks that had someone greeting them with a sign, so I made sure to make a big "I [heart] Jodie Davaz" sign to welcome her home.

Jodie was both pleased and embarrassed when she saw me holding it up. It's such a Mom groaner thing to do! And I was the only mom there that did it. That was fun.

Jodie had a GREAT trip ... and is suitably worn out and sick now that she's home.

No comments: