Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beaded Christmas Ornaments 1

My husband, Dale, was on vacation last week. We decided not to go anywhere. Instead, we each worked on a few projects that had been waiting for a block of time. As a reward for getting a big project done, I gave myself an afternoon to play in my Studio.

I bought this ornament kit from Mary Maxim. Christmas in June? Why not?

The kit contained the beads and the glittery pipe cleaners. I supplied the wire snips and ruler (to cut the pipe cleaners to length), and the needle-nose pliers (to round the tips of the pipe cleaners).

I like to lay all the components out on my beading mat. I find it easier to work when all the bits are organized.

These 12 ornaments went together in a snap! I love the color and the shape. They have a nice weight too.

Finishing these ornaments got me in the mood to make some more. So I pulled out my beads and ...


You'll see tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mary Cavalier said...

Very nice - may have to try those some time.